CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Katya!!!

I am late getting this posted. I was gone to Yellowstone on Katya's birthday and just got home late Sunday night.


Katya is now 10!!! A whole decade!! Its kind of surreal to know I am old enough to have a daughter that old.



It has been a wild ride with her. We never had the chance to have just her in our home. She was 3 months old when we found out I was pregnant with Tay. I went into a deep depression and had a hard time being a good mom to her. When her sister tried to come early twice I was not allowed to even hold her anymore. She had to learn to walk at 9 months at least while holding my hand. She was a very good sister when Tay came. I am sure she thought Tay was a doll. She was small enough to be one.

Katya has always been curious. I would find things in unusual places. Tampons in the cat dish, kittens in the garbage, dryer and dresser drawers, toys in the toilet, random items at the bottom of the stairs to the basement ect... Tay soon became her accomplice. As they grew up almost like twins they got into more trouble then sometimes I could handle. One such day they were 2 and 1. I put on Teletubbies and went to take my shower. When I came back down they had not only figured out how to open a child doorknob lock but had the buddy system down pat. They opened the door to the pantry then pushed a chair to it and had gotten the cannery cans of flour, oats and sugar off one of the high shelves. Then they covered my entire front room with the contents. I turned around went back up the stairs and called Joe. I told him he had to come home right then or his daughters would be dead. They also did it one day with green paint.

When Katya was around age 3 I noticed she had developed some anxiety issues. She was constantly worried about everything and every one. Temper tantrums got worse. Joe didn't see it. When Kindergarten came he did. She would cry all day long, hide under her desk and refuse to finish projects because they weren't perfect the first time. We decided to try teaching her how to recognize her feelings and change her reactions rather then run to meds first thing. It wasn't working so well. We continued that summer and hoped for the best in 1st grade thinking if its the same we take her in. A miracle happened that year. Marie Dalgleish. She saved our daughter. I really don't know how she did it. Katya still has her days but she is able to calm herself and control her reactions.

We love having Katya in our family. It is her anxiety that makes her so responsible. I know if I leave her in charge she will take charge and all will be well. She loves to create. Love animals. She loves school lasagna and chocolate milk. She loves to try new things with her hair and can do her own hair. She is very smart and does well in school. She is fantastic with little babies and will be baby sitting for her nieces and nephews sooner then I think.

We are so blessed to have her as our oldest. We love you Katya!

1 comments:

Day Family Blog said...

Man you are always doing something aren't you. You guys have such a fun filled life. I almost get tired thinking of doing all the things that you have done in the past month. I guess with 3 birthdays pretty close and summer vacation it is to be expected. Thanks again for watching Honey for us. I think she misses the other dogs, we need to get her a play mate.