CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

FHE Gun Safety



Joe's cousin Rob invited us to go up the canyon with his family to teach the kids gun safety and have some dinner and dutch oven cobbler. We had a really good time.

We went out west of Utah Lake up and old canyon. There was SOOOOOOOOO much junk! It would take a whole troop of Eagle scouts ALL doing their project to get it clean again!

There was an abandoned truck out there that was all shot up. The front end had been blown up! The kids had fun hiking around in there finding random treasures.




I used to go shooting all the time with my dad growing up. So I knew this would be a great learning opportunity for the girls. I learned how to shoot pretty good as a kid and I want my girls and Ryan to understand guns and how they feel. Once you know that you have more respect for them.


We ate then the older guys Joe, Rob his son Thane got to shoot the 12 gauge at clay pigeons(skeet). I REALLY wanted to but I was afraid my shoulder would dislocate again with the kick of the gun on my shoulder so I didn't.



The girls got to take turns shooing a pellet gun, 22 rifle and a 22 hand gun. They did a pretty good job for their first time. His boys had only been out a few times before and were really good as well.



I had been explaining to Rob how often I had gone shooting. I was pretty sure he didn't believe me. My assumption was true when I picked up the handgun, fired 3 times right into a plastic jug that was 150 yards away and Rob said "You really have been shooting alot. Really nice shooting!"









I was pretty proud of myself that I still had the skills. It has been over 13 yrs since I last shot a gun.

All the kids got pretty dirty.
It was windy and lots of dry dirt.
Add in food and drinks and you
have really dirty kids.

1 comments:

AmyT said...

Look at you Jen! I am impressed! I learn something new about you all the time...