CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 25, 2008

Best and Worst Birthday EVER!!!!!!!!!!

So this years birthday was SOOOOOOOOO much better then last years! But it also had a scary ending.

Yesterday was my 31st birthday. I did my usual Thursday thing and went to Taylor's class for spelling. I took treats in for the kids. Then I went to my nail appointment. I ran a few more errands and then WAITED for my favorite part of the day. DINNER

Joe took me to the Melting Pot [www.meltingpot.com] That is my number 1 favorite place to eat! It is so freakin expensive that we have gone 3 times now in the last 6 years. It is SOOOOOOOOO worth it! We went with Gordon and Kendra. Dear friends of ours. Kendra's birthday is 4 days after mine so we celebrated together. We had the BEST time!!! We were there for 3 hours! You don't even notice being there that long. That is why I love that place. You eat for 3 straight hours but it is just the perfect amount of food. You don't feel like you are going to die. UGH! I Love that place!!!

Anyway we had a wonderful time.

The scary part came just as we were sitting to dinner. Joe's dad called. Joe's mom had gone to the hospital feeling weird. The were keeping her for observation. Nothing serious had happened but they wanted to run a few more tests.

So today I went back to the school for Kids Market place. The 3rd graders all choose an occupation. Based on that occupation they get $$ to spend on life's necessities and they can choose how much they want to spend on those things. I was at the clothing table. Most kids picked yard sale/thrift store for $5. It is a great program and they learn that life isn't cheap.

I had plans to go to lunch with my cousin after I was done at the school. I got done a bit early so I came home to change. Only to hear that Joe's mom had a heart attack that morning! We went to go see her at the hospital. Thanks Lisa for watching Brynn and Ryan last minute!!

I took the car so I could go to lunch. Joe took his motorcycle. I got to the new hospital in Murray right near his parents house. I went to the place I was told and they told me they had no patient by that name!! I tried to call Joe. No answer. I wandered around the hospital for nearly 45 minutes! I went back to teh car to get my cell. Still no Joe. Finally he calls. He asks "Where are you?!" I ask him the same thing. I tell him I have been all over the new hospital and they don't have her in their system anywhere. He kind of starts laughing and says she is at the U hospital!! Why didn't he just say the U or the University Hospital??!! UGH! I get up there finally. Saw Mom. She is doing well (update on separate blog)

We left but I didn't have time to go to lunch :( So I came home and went to another nail appointment to fill my toes. Then Joe and I went to see the new play at the OBT (the same place Tay had her play)

It was the best show I have ever seen!!!! I laughed so hard through the whole thing! I LOVED it!! Everyone in Utah you HAVE to go see it!!!! The show is Indianapolis Jones and the Raiders of teh Temple of the Kingdom of the Last Crusade. It is an absolute riot!!! It runs every Monday, Friday adn Saturdahy night at 7:30. Mondays are 1/2 price!

I was having such a good time that we decided to stay for the improve show. It is my birthday! The improve show was just as good as the play.. Intermission came and I went to talk to Sandy the owner. We are friends. The show started again. My favorite skit came on. Half Life. They take a made up situation and turn it into a skit. The have 1 min to begin with. Then the cut it in half over and over til at the end they have 1 second to finish the scene. I am waiting to hear the audiences ideas when Cody who was MCing asked where Jen Eames was!!! I raise my hands and say thats me!! He tells everyone its my birthday and pulls me from the audience. He asks me about myself. My likes dislikes, job, husband what he does ect... I answer and he announces that this Half Life will be a day in the life of Jen!!!!!!!!! It was so freakin awesome!!!! I have never had the best time EVER!!!!!!! They were all so right on! It was the best!!!! I love those guys!!! I can't wait to go back. I think I will next weekend!

3 comments:

Holly said...

I am sooo glad that you had a fun day! Sorry that I couldn't be a part of it this year. I hope all is well with Grandma!

Sorensen's said...

Hey Jen, thanks for finding me. It's fun to hear from you. I just realized we both have one boy and three girls--pretty fun! I hope all is well with everyone.

Day Family Blog said...

So sorry to hear about Grandma. I hope she is doing well. How old is she? I am not at the age where I am ready for my parent to die. Give Joe a hug from us. I am not sure when the next time we are coming down is. We are going to my niece's baptism this weekend so we probably won't be down for a while after that. I'll let you know if our plans change.