CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Best Weekend EVER!!!

This weekend was supposed to be a major let down. We had planned to go to Bear Lake with Joe's cousin Darren. They were going to go up Friday and I was to meet them Sat afternoon after my choir meeting. The brakes on the truck were going out and Joe forgot to take the part with him to my cousin Jerry's work to get them fixed so it put it back a day. On top of that we checked out the camp areas up there online and it was going to be $50 just to camp!!! For one night!

So we bagged the Bear Lake idea and we were just going to stay home and maybe go to a movie. Then Joe's mom asked if she could take them and suddenly the weekend held possibilities.

We took the kids to Grandmas Friday night so we could go get the truck. We went to Red Robin and we WERE going to go see Get Smart but ended up just walking around the District (outside mall) and talked through the whole thing! It had been so long since we just talked with out anything else going on, places to be, kids interrupting ect... it was SOOOOO nice! We stayed up WAY too late and slept in. I had an hour to get ready and be to my choir meeting at noon! While I was there til 5 Joe went to the movies with his friends Tony and Phil.

When we met back up we went to our favorite Indian restaurant and then headed downtown to our hotel! We stayed right downtown and walked to the OBT for the comedy show. It was so nice and warm! The show was AMAZING!!! The guys were so on! I hadn't laughed so hard in my whole life! We walked back to our hotel after we stayed and talked to the theaters owner for and hour! The hotel had a hot tub open 24 hrs! We had the best time staying up til 3am!

This morning we got up just before 11 and ran down to catch breakfast before it closed then we got ready and headed to Park City. There was a street market so we walked though that then went to the book store to inhale the wonderful chocolate store that shares a building. Mmmmmmm

We drove the back way and passed through Heber and stopped at the church there. 11.5 yrs ago Joe and I had our first kiss there under a tree. It was fun to be there again and remember that day. I love every second of this weekend. I am so glad it turned out way better then we expected.

4 comments:

hjjepp said...

Awwwwww. Sounds fun! I wanna go in a hot tub with Joe!!!!!!!!!!!! No, really. I don't.

Day Family Blog said...

Fun.You sure got a lot done, as always. You have such a good attitude and I think that you would enjoy any weekend. You guys really know how to enjoy life together, thanks for the example.

JT said...

Joe is gay.
Love, Jim

JT said...

I stand by my previous statement, despite what happened in the hot tub. You have neglected your blog, I'm calling the cops.