CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend!

Thursday we headed out to go camping with my dad and brothers and my sister Sarah. We tried to convince my mom to go but she was tending Brad and Janelle's kids and didn't want to bring them out. We were sad but we had a good time.

We got there a bit later then I wanted but it all worked out. We camped up at my dad's stake property in Spanish Fork Canyon. It was so pretty and we were all alone! Well except for all the flies and bugs....

I started dinner while Joe set up camp. My brothers got there about 30 min later and helped Joe and set up their own tent. Just as dinner was ready my dad and sister pulled in. We had a great dinner and then spent the rest of the night singing songs around the campfire. My brother Alan brought his guitar. It was a great night. I wish all my family had been there. But we can plan another time.

Friday the kids spent all day swinging on the rope swing and going on rides on the 4 wheeler. My brothers left just before lunch to go to their other 4th plans. We had some neighbors join teh area. He was friends with my other brother Brad. He had his wife Brooke with him and their friends Sharon and John.


Me, Joe, Dad and Sarah all read and then played games til it was time to start dinner. Dad and Sarah had to get back to mom and the other plans they had. My sister Holly and her fam were supposed to come down and Joe's cousins were supposed to come up that day but neither showed so we had a TON of food at dinner. Just as dinner was ready the neighbors came back so we invited them to come eat with us. It was a really nice evening!

Saturday we woke up early and broke camp. I wanted to be out by 9:30 but we didn't make it. 10:15 was prety good. We got to Joes family reunion up Springville Canyon just at the perfect time and all went well. I was in charge if games for the kids and they had a good time. We had a fishing thing and water fights. Then a raffle and a piñata. After most everyone had left we had a small b-day party for RyRy.

That night all of Joe's family that was up from New Mexico and his cousin Darren came over to do fireworks. Darren is a cop and had boxes of illegals. It was so fun! Until we got caught.... It was really good to see his family from NM. We love them and don't get to see them very much and when we do see them our time with them is so short. I think we will go down when the kids go off track again.

0 comments: