CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

My surgery

Monday morning I went to get my shoulder fixed.





They had to cut off my CTR ring. Cuz of my dislocation the day before my hand had swollen up and there was NO WAY that ring was coming off. So they cut it off. It was cool! It left a great imprint in my finger.



I wouldn't let Joe take my picture. I already felt miserable from the day before AND I couldn't wear any makeup! Not even lipgloss!! So he got my feet.

Joe wore the LEAST appropriate shirt to my surgery. Like that surprises anyone....

I was in surgery for 2 hours and today is the first day I have felt half way normal. I have a cool sling better then last time. I had this neat ice pack thing that pumped ice water into a gel pack thing. It was much better then last time 3 yrs ago. crazy how things change in such a short amount of time.

My recover will be slow and steady. I will have less mobility in my arm when all is said and done but will be better for it and maybe this surgery will last longer.

I am at day 5 and I feel ok. I can't do much of anything. too much movement even of my body sends shock waves to my shoulder and I hurt. So I have been in bed and in a recliner until today. I do need to go rest though...

The ward has been AMAZING!! They have brought in meals and people have been coming in to clean and do laundry. It is so wonderful!!! They have saved Joe more then they or even he knows!

1 comments:

Day Family Blog said...

Ugh so your shoulder dislocated the day before your surgery. I guess it was a good reminder of why you needed the surgery in the first place. Poor girl. I would have never thought that any movement would effect your shoulder.