CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Best Friends (Ward) EVER!!!!!!

As of yesterday I am 2 weeks post op from my shoulder surgery. I have mobility if my fingers but any other arm movements send me through the roof in pain. Fortunately that means I can type but basically nothing else in the house. Although most days it drives me up the wall not being able to function normally it has been nice to read and relax and watch movies oh since January.

ANYWAY................ Off the subject. I went to see my doctor last week and was told I will stay just like this. No physical therapy and in the sling for another month. No driving, cleaning, ect.... So I had this brilliant idea! Since to cook decent meals means using both arms or asking Joe to do it I called our compassionate service leader and told her the situation. I really didn't want the sisters bringing in meals for a whole other month+ so I asked her to gather a small group to come to my house Monday morning to make freezer meals! Aren't I a genius?! I had 6 women come to may house and they made 20 meals in 2.5 hours!!!!











I am forever grateful. I can't even begin to express how much that act of kindness meant to me. It has given me more of a feeling of independence. It has helped to make the light at the end of this tunnel a little brighter.

Thank you Kaelynn, Hilary, Tina, Nina, Lanae and Dawn for the super fun day!

1 comments:

Day Family Blog said...

That really was a smart idea for you. That even sounds like a really fun relief society activity or something. You really do have great friends and ward. I bet it is hard feeling so helpless. But keep at it we want you healed properly.