CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

One Wild Ride

Last Wed morning I left to go to Oregon to see my grandfather. He feels he doesn't have much time left here on earth so I figured I would fly out to see him before my surgery makes it so I can't go anywhere.

I arrived in rainy cold Portland at lunch time. My sis Brittany picked me up from the airport. We headed straight to the mall for shopping and lunch! Britt's best friend Dani met us for lunch but then had to leave. Danita(my best friend) met us for some shopping and Cinnabon. When Nitters had to go back to school Britt and I walked her to the train and the we went back for more shopping. We fully intended to go to the pet store see the animals but we got sucked into this awesome store called Papaya!! LOVE it!!!!!!! We left there and went to another shoe store. We had been there 5 min when the phone rang. It was my mom. She asked if I had my rental car yet. I told her we were still shopping. She asked if I was going to still get the car today. I said of course I was, what time is it? It was 10 to 5!!!!!!! I was supposed to pick up my car at 5 and we were nearly an hour away!!!!! We had been in papaya for over an hour and didn't even know it!!

We hauled booty out of there with all my 2 new pairs of shoes (one i have buyers remorse over), perfume, 3 new shirts, lip gloss and gifts for my sisters.

Britt knew all the back roads and we made it to the car rental place in 40 min! SWEETNESS! I met my friend Mindy at the car rental place and we ran back to Britt's to unload all my crap and so I could change clothes. Mindy and I left and picked Danita up from the train and we went to the beach!!!!!!!!

We went to Danita's parent's restaurant for dinner and had the best time!!!!!!!! Did any of us even think to take pictures? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO of course we didn't that would mean we were smart!!! We really did have a great time. After dinner we took Nita's sister Casey home and we chatted with their mom(my other mom) for awhile. We realized it was getting late and we needed to get back to the Portland area. We dropped Minders off and then Ni and I crashed at Britt's.


Thursday

Yes that was ALL in one day!!!

We spent the morning at Britts. She made us a yummy breakfast. Then I took Nita to the train and went to see my grandpa. He is doing well. In a mobilized wheelchair and has a hard time speaking. He was so happy to see me and pictures of the kids. We need to send him more pictures and stories. He really liked the stories about Ryan. Especially the peanut butter one. I went with him to lunch and we talked some more. He said he liked this new place better cuz they had better food. After his lunch was over he headed down to the common room for a movie. Since I had other places to go I excused my self from the movie and left. It was good to see him and fun to show him pictures. I wish I had had the sense of mind to take the kids to see him when we was there in August last year! With the car breaking down I didn't even think about it.

I left there and saw that my phone didn't work there and I had 3 missed calls. SO I called them back. One was my dad and he wanted to meet for lunch. I met him at Red Robin. We had a nice time and I showed him pics too.

After lunch I tried to go to Britt's but she want home yet so I headed into Hillsboro and decided to try and see the scoot. old neighbors of ours that moved. They weren't home. darn! I headed to my moms where there was a big party in honor of me. I was still kind of my birthday. I ended up in a chair showing pictures all night to all my family. Not really the socializing I wanted to do but I didn't have my kids here so they wanted pictures.

We had just over 20 people there. Of course my mom was there with my sister chelsie and my brothers Ben and Caleb, my dad, my sisters Lindy and Britt came with their boyfriends, my sister Becky and her husband Jake, my aunt Lori, her daughter in Lilian and her 2 kids, my aunt dana and uncle Mike, my cousins Jeremy his wife Taysia and thier son blake, cousin Heidi her daughter Annlawa and cousin Aaron, Danita and me. We had a blast and there was SOOOOOOOOO much good food!!!

I slept at my moms that night and the next day it was time to go home. Mom and I went to costco where the card Nazi wasn't going to let us in. Because my card didn't say I was an elite member even though I am we had to wait 20 more minutes before we could come in. Can you believe that!?!?! I was not very nice. I told her what I thought and we went in the other door. Stupid card Nazi.

We went to lunch. A bunch of us were supposed to be there but it ended up just me and mom and Debbie. It was good to see her and talk with her and hear how her family is doing. Her kids are my siblings ages. It was a good lunch. After lunch we went to Kohl's and I got entirely WAY too much jewelry then off to the grocery store where I saw my friend Leanna's sister Jen!!! It was so good to see her. Had I known Leanna was having a shower the next day I would have stayed for it!!! DANG!!!!!!!

I left mom and went to take my car back to the rental place only to have them tell me I had to take it back tot eh one in Hillsboro! UGH!!! SO back Otto Hillsboro I went. mom picked me up and then we went and got Danita and we were off to the airport!!! Danita got to fly to Utah with me!!!! Her brother was blessing the baby on sunday.

We got in just after 9pm. Joe came and got us and dropped us off at the movies!! Nita and I saw Made of Honor. SOOOOOOOOOO good!!!! After seeing Scotland on the big screen we decided that if Breezy doesn't come on the cruise with us then Nita and I are going to Scotland! My aunt lives there so we have a free place to stay!

SATURDAY

I had a nail appointment then we went and saw Iron Man. We is Joe , me , Danita, Joe's cousin Darren and his wife Stacie. After the movie we went o this new Irish place called McCools. Not the best but not bad. Danita and I went back to the house to get changed and then then Joelle showed up and us girls all left to go to Salt Lake to see the new play at the OBT!! Girls night! We met up with Danita's sister Jaeda at the theater. Joe and Joelle's husband went to the indoor football game! Every one had a great night. After the play me and Danita and Jaeda stayed for teh comedy show. It was hilarious!!! Danita and I got to go up on stage AGAIN! Before the play started Mike was asking for any birthdays or anniversaries and Danita and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary of being best friends! So back to the comedy show.... Danita and I got to do action figures!! We got to move the actors on stage in a scene. It was sooooo fun!!!

Sunday

Danita and I planned to go to Russ and Sarah's church together followed by Joe and the kids for the baby blessing. Mom and Dad Pappas REALLY wanted to see my kids. Well all Hell broke loose that morning. After my shower I was drying off and my shoulder dislocated!! I couldn't put it back in. Went to the instacare they were afraid to reset it so they sent me to the ER. They took me right back. After 2 hours of waiting for them to give me drugs and another hour for them to get to xray they came in to reset it . I moved my self, bumped my elbow on the bed and my shoulder went back in place!!! So all of that for me to do all the work! UGH!!!

We didn't make it to the blessing. I barely remember the rest of the day thanks to the drugs they gave. good drugs.... I didn't make it to choir either.

MONDAY
surgery next post....

0 comments: