CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas

WOW! What a day! Let's begin at the beginning. We had a blast! We went to my parents house Christmas Eve. We made treats for their neighbors. Katya and Taylor got to help deliver them with my sisters Sarah and Melissa. We ate treats, sang songs and just enjoyed each others company. It really was a nice evening. My grandparents came over as well later on in the evening. We opened a few gifts. We left to go home around 11pm. When we got home we held to our tradition and opened pjs for everyone!




Before we left to go there I took out the roast that Joe's mom bought for Christmas dinner so it would thaw. When we got home we wrapped the rest of the gifts that didn't get done the day before. Joe and I watched a couple movies and hung out. We came up stairs to find the cat in the fireplace looking up. So I now have proof that Santa exists! We finally went to bed at 3am. I checked on the roast. It was still frozen so I left it.


Christmas morning came. The kids woke us up bright and early. We all ran down to see what Santa brought. We put the dogs out. The kids all got what they had asked Santa for. Katya and Taylor got Barbie girls. They are MP3 players. Katya's was wrapped differently and so she needed a knife. We sent Ryan to go get one. He can reach the butter knives but he decided to open the dishwasher...

Brynn got a new baby. It remembers its name and interacts with you. Ryan asked for a Transformer. It was a great Christmas.




Joe and I both got new jackets from Santa. I LOVE mine!







We moved to the front room to open the gifts from each other. We let the dogs in. Corde lay down on the floor with us the WHOLE time. We made a glorious mess of wrapping paper and boxes and toys.







When we were all done I went to the kitchen to put the roast in the crock pot. It was GONE!!!!!!! I knew where it went but still can't figure out HOW! I went outside and found the wrapper it was in. Stupid dogs!! So I called my neighbor. Wouldn't you know it she had a roast! It ended up not working like I had hoped. I am still grateful. I dug in our freezer and found some pork ribs. BBQd them up and made lots of sides. Joe's mom brought over some ham she had left over. All in all it turned out well. We exchanged gifts after dinner and had treats. It was a nice day.

1 comments:

Holly said...

My favorite is the spongebob shirt. If you look at my blog anytime soon, notice the shirt that Chloe is wearing Chistmas morning.