CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Pres. Hinckley


Farewell to you. I hope the reunion with your wife was the sweetest moment ever!

Pres. Hinckley was called during my senior year in Highschool. From his first talk I knew he would change the church forever. I loved to hear him speak. He had a way of including everyone in what he said.

I got to see him a few times. The first was at an area conference. He came when he was a counselor to a previous prophet. I'm not sure how old I was maybe 13. The next was at the Bi-Centennial Celebration down in Provo in '97. It was an outdoor arena. Thousands of people had gathered. As soon as he entered if felt and sounded as though the whole world stopped just for him. Living in Utah I had more opportunities to see him at different conferences as well when I could get tickets.

He was a great man and will be greatly missed world wide. He had this great whit and real person feel. Everyone could relate to him.

Pres. Hinckley you have lead a great life. Till we meet again enjoy your new calling.

2 comments:

Holly said...

It really is very bitter-sweet isn't it? He has been such a strong voice of positive influence for so long, and one of my favorite people to have ever inhabited the planet Earth. And, at the same time I am so happy for him that he has finally gone home to be with his wife. I will TRUELY miss him!

Day Family Blog said...

I had never seen that picture of him tapping President Eyring, that is awesome. I will miss his sense of humor yet his deep spirit. How are you feeling. I had it on my planner to call you, but obviously I only check my planner on Sunday's when I write in it for the next week. Sorry. I hope you are feeling better.