CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

REALLY?!?!?!

What would posses a 4 1/2 yr old to
wake up
take $$ from his piggy bank
walk 3 BLOCKS to the gas station
to buy a gumball?!?!?!?!?!



Ryan is playing his reading computer game. It is talking about gumballs. He says he wants one. I say no. He answers " I won't get it in my hair" I reply "Its not your hair that concerns me its the rest of the house. You may not have gum." He continues to play his game then goes upstairs.
Awhile later I check on him & check the mail.

All is well.

I went down to the office in the basement, got online and proceeded to pick out exchange students for the host families to choose from when the doorbell rings. I go up the stairs, hear Ry run to answer it, instead he comes to the family room and he meets me coming up the stairs. I tell him I am glad he didn't answer the door. I turn the corner to see a police officer in my front room. I turn back to Ryan, say well I guess you DID answer it.

As I turn back to the officer he is shaking his head. At that moment I knew Ryan had been brought HOME by him. The officer then informed me he had picked up my son AFTER a woman had stopped and called the police. Ryan told him he was going to the gas station to buy a gumball.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

dlkenney said...

I know how you feel, but when the officer brought my child home he was only 2 years old. Oh the joys of being a mom

Day Family Blog said...

What a rascal. Was the officer nice about it?

Adrianne said...

They move fast. It sounds like something Brigham would do. I certainly won't tell him the story because I don't want him getting any ideas. Good luck keeping track.

Paxton said...

That is too funny. Although I'm sure you didn't think so at the time. I dread the day when Pax figures out how to open doors.
-Jamie (Emily's friend)